Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mother Father...'s Day

In an effort to catch up on the insanely busy 3 months I've just had, I am going to combine Mother's Day and Father's day into one post.

For my first Mother's Day I got the best gift ever:  a couple extra hours of sleep.  God bless America I needed that.   When I did finally roll out of bed, I was given a dozen red roses and a card from JEGs and Hunter


I was also treated to a breakfast of birds nest.. nooomssss


JEGs and I are not really gift-givers.  We do birthdays, and for Christmas we'll buy something for the two of us to share (i.e. a trip or furniture).  So color me shocked as hell when a couple days before Mother's Day, the hubs brought this home as an unofficial Mother's Day gift


..a  pretty new Nikon D3100.  VeryniceIlike.

I spent the rest of Mother's Day with my mother and grandmother.  We have a tradition of going to Olive Garden every year, but in recent years my grandmother hasn't been well enough to make the trip so we order take out and eat at my mother's house.  I try to appreciate every holiday I have with my grandmother, because I always fear it will be her last.

Father's Day was more of a bust.  It started off well:  Hunter woke up and I took him downstairs to play.  He went down for his morning nap and I cleaned up from the party we had the night before.  I planned on running over to Dunkin Donuts and waking JEGs up with breakfast in bed once Hunter woke up.

However, around 9 am Hunter woke up from his nap SCREAMING and it woke JEGs up.  I still ran to Dunkin Donuts, but breakfast was served downstairs.    We finished cleaning up from the party and made the decision to swing by his grandfather's house for a Father's Day/ PopPop's Birthday party.  Don't you know we weren't there five minutes when  I was called out because jackwagon decided it was a good day to shoot at cops.  So we had to leave, which caused JEGs to get frustrated, me to get defensive and resulted in a silent car ride home.

When I came back from work,  JEGs was trying to feed a fussy Hunter.  He told me a story that involved JEGs getting pooped on and Hunter spraying down the crib with pee.  I realized the day was not salvageable, so we watched a couple episodes of Mad Men and went to bed while I promised to make it up to him with a Father's Day do-over.

I was able to snap this adorable picture in the morning, however:



Hope your Mother's and Father's Days went well!

Always & Forever,
  ME

No comments: