JEGs and I made settlement on Falconhead Cottage on April 7, 2011. It is a three bedroom twin built in 1923. Although the house had been gutted and completely renovated just a few years before we moved in, we still have many things we would like to do to put 'our' stamp on the home.
Our living room was dark with two-tone walls of red and brown and smelly carpet:
After ripping up the carpet, we slapped on a coat of Valspar's Jekyll Grand Dining Sea Mist and replaced the subfloor and carpet. We also added the IKEA HOVAS for husband-friendly seating
|Yeah, I was getting my noon news on. Don't hate on my love for Rick Williams and his sassy ties.|
After a year of staring at that jelly bean green and hating it, we finally painted the walls Benjamin Moore's Weston Flax
I got a honey of a deal for a vintage dresser and with the magic of paint, I created extra storage with a buffet
To help maximize the space, JEGs built a little office nook in an otherwise unused corner
MudroomRight off of the kitchen is a small mudroom that leads out to the backyard. We currently are using it as a laundry room. Eventually we would like to add in a small powder room.
Before we can add the powder room, we need to make it a functional laundry room. We continued the Weston Flax color into this room, and added some super cheap, yet functional storage we scored off of Craigslist.
To Do List: replace subfloor and tile, possible move washer and dryer to basement and create powder room (still on the fence about this idea)
Third BedroomAt the top of the steps, the first room you will see is our third bedroom. When we first moved in, we set this us as a walk-in closet. However, a month later we found out we were expecting, so it was converted into a nursery for our little monster.
After shuffling furniture around, I picked Glidden's Navajo Sands for the wall color, fell in love with a 6ft tree decal and added some colorful linens
To Do List: build radiator cover, new art for over crib (?)
With the addition of a HUGALUND, this room
doubles tripled as a guestroom/man cave/Hunter's play room.
When the second line showed up on the pee stick, we started making plans to move Hunter from the nursery into a big boy room. With a little paint, a radiator cover and A LOT of work on the closet, the monster has a space that is all boy.
We finally did something about the blue paint and covered it up with Glidden's Navajo Sand that was leftover from the baby's room.
To Do List: replace vanity, replace medicine cabinet, replace window sill.
We moved the smaller dresser into the baby's room and added some closet space to hold us over till we can do a bigger closet renovation.
To Do List: paint all wood work, bust out closet to create two closets and built in dresser, build radiator cover/bookself, upgrade bed to queen size, art, replace side tables, add wall sconces, add bigger rug.
So there it is- our modest 1200 sq ft of investment. We’ll share more details about what will go where and what projects we want to take on as things unfold. We’re all about the whole real-time blog-as-we-go thing – especially since we have so many new projects to tackle! Hope you'll stick around for the ride!