Sunday, October 17, 2010

Who doesn't need a good crudite in their life?

What happens when you mix two bloggers, some wine, and an over-priced garden center?

Pictures like this:

You know, just a normal Thursday night. With Eddie Ross.

Oh yeah, you heard me. Eddie. Freakin. Ross.

A couple weeks ago, my sista-from-anotha-mista, Shannanigans, informed me he was hosting a wine and workshop at Terrain located in Glen Mills, PA- which is like a hopskipandajump from me, and literally around the corner for Shannon. I was in.

Terrain has become Urban Outfitters/ Anthropologie's pet project-- mixing fashion with life and style. Super cool and trendy? Of course.




a beautiful tablescape in the garden center



Shannon and I went gaga for this cotton garland

LOVE this place setting




I dream about these lantern on my non-exhistant patio





my camera could not do these vibrant prints any justice.


an entire section dedicated to canning. This goes out to you, Kim

 
A little over priced and snooty? Um. yeah. Don't get me started about the jack wagon of a cashier when I dare only purchase a $5 African Violet.

Anyway, back to Eddie.
He was delightful. When we walked in, Eddie greeted everyone and personally poured them a glass of wine. Within minutes, Shannon and I were laughing about pumping and dumping with him.
 
*sigh* we were just meant to be besties.
 
Oh, sorry. Where was I?
 
We sat down and he went over the different ways to incorporate pumpkins and gourdes into our holiday entertaining as centerpeices and crudite.

 
After the lecture, we began the hands-on workshop of making our own centerpieces out of gorgeous fairytail pumkins (pre-gutted, thank God) and and assortment of Terrain-grown florals. Oh yeah, and all the wine we could drink. Can you say heaven?
 
Of course heaven the workshop area was perfectly tablescaped with a burlap tablecloth, candles, and a wonderful mix of new and old china. I die
 
 
 
 
Between our glasses of wine, Shannon and I actually made centerpieces, believe it or not.

 

 

 
 
Shannon's masterpiece
 
Mine. this probably would have looked better if it hadn't been for the wine.
 
We rule.
..so does he.
 

In a word, the night was awesome, I had so much fun. Now I just need a party to host so I can put my gourde-presenting skills to good use.
 
Always & Forever,
ME

5 comments:

Danielle and Clint said...

Love it! I need a store like this near me!

Amanda said...

How fun--host a party. I'll fly out :)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

This is so freaking awesome. I love your centerpieces and I'm obsessed with Eddie Ross. (And the two bloggers pictured with him.) The store looks great, too.

Shannon said...

Awesome recap! I'm posting mine tomorrow and will be saying the same thing pretty much. Let's hang more!

hiyaluv said...

this looks like such fun:)
smiles,
gina
http://hiyaluv.blogspot.com