Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Oh boy...

I am going to let you guys in on a little secret about my blogging habits:  When I disappear for a couple weeks, it usually means something big is going on in my life.  Just for future reference ;)

Do you guys remember that Geico commercial from years ago-- Bob Weottababyitsaboy?



Consider this my collect call to you guys.

"First name 'Lizzie'.  Last name 'Wereavingababyitsaboy'."

It's true!  JEGs and I are pregnant and expecting a little boy around September 27th-- which means I'm about 22 weeks in.  I have been a little quiet on the blog lately because this came as a complete surprise to us, so we have been dealing with it for the past two weeks. 

I promise I'll share much more-- how we found out, how I went 5 months without knowing I was knocked up and our parents reaction. 

Till then, I will leave you with my first bump picture:



I promise in the weeks to follow, I get a little better at documenting.

Oh, and you don't have to accept the charges.  I'm totally cool with that.

Always & Forever,
  ME (+1)

10 comments:

bethany said...

WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

I am hesitant to believe this because, well, last year's April Fools joke had me super duper close to believing it, you saucy minx!

If this is true, I am seriously running around my house in my sports bra, cause that's what I'm wearing right now, yodeling with happiness! AH!

Oh, LB! I am so excited! WHHHEEE! Congrats to you and JEGS!

P.S. This means I'll get to see the little guy this fall, eh? :)

LB's Oldest Brother said...

Bethany, truth be told I had the exact same reaction when she told me. I think I stood there for about 20 seconds thinking "and here comes the just kidding."

I am so excited for my baby sister and my brother-in-law. But wait.... she's only 12......

hehehe

LizzieBeth said...

Dammit Russ, I said make me at least 18 so I don't look like such a floosie! ;)

bethany said...

@Russ: I know! Its kind of the little boy who cried wolf...except no one gets eaten by a wolf. Sooo...overall, bad analogy. But, you get it.

Lynett said...

Holy crapola L!!! Congratulations girl! Can't wait to hear how you found out and how the heck you didn't know for 5 months?! LOL

Katie said...

Dying to hear how you didn't know for 5 months! Congrats!

claire @ a peachtree city life said...

1. omg congrats!
2. wha what????
3. more details!

Shannon said...

This has been on my mind all day! I CANNOT wait to hear about this! And I am so so excited for you guys. you are in for the ride of your life. And a boy! yay! We can have playdates (Gabe will most likely want to rough up your newb). YOU"E HAVING A BABY OMG!

I literally cannot get over this.

Danielle and Clint said...

OMG!!! I am so excited and happy for you guys! WOW! I can't believe you went that long without knowing, but luckily it was a happy surprise.

Christen said...

Haven't read any blogs for a while, so I'm late on getting this news. Congrats!!! Can't wait to hear all the details throughout the rest of your pregnancy. I definitely have babies on the brain!