Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pregnancy: Weeks 38 & 39


My Stats:  
Who cares.  I look and feel like I swallowed a watermelon.  Whole.

The Monster's Stats:
About 7 pounds and roughly 21 inches.  
All organs are developed, including his lungs (which are the last to form).  He doesn't have a whole lot of room to move around in there.  I keep telling him that if he doesn't have enough room, he can just come out.  There is plenty of room out here for him to bend and stretch.

Energy Level/Sleep:
The baby dreams have started...

I had two baby dreams the other night: the first one was I was having contractions. I woke up and thought it was real and almost woke up JEGs to tell him. Thank goodness I didn't ;)

The second one, I was with my mom at the Goodwill Store donating some stuff. I had the baby with me, and I looked down and said "You know, they must be right about forgetting about the pain of labor, because I really don't remember even giving birth to him" Then my mom looked at me and said "That's because this is just a dream, Liz." ...Oh.

Cravings:
 I am still on an apple kick, but I'm going to throw in a side of pumpkin as well.  Actually, who am I kidding?  I just love pumpkin flavored things!

Pregnancy Fun and Other Bitching:
 I am on in full on waddle mode.  Forget walking.  Also, I've started having some pain in my sciatica, so every once in a while I have to stop and wait for the searing pain in my ass to stop.  

Monday started my first week of maternity leave, so that means I don't have to get showered or dressed (as you can see from the paint stained pants and grubby t-shirt in this weeks photo).  I spent my first day of leave laying on the couch with a rockin' cold.  I've started feeling better through out the week and I am feeling really accomplished on the amount of working I have been getting done around the house.

Everything looks good at the weekly appointments.  Last week the doctor reported I was 1 cm dilated and about 70% effaced.  The little monster is in the birthing position and getting lower.  At today's appointment I was about the same.  I have been promised that if we don't have any more progression by next week, they will induce me.  I hope to not get to that point, but I really, really don't want to meander into Week 41.

The bags are packed-- let the waiting game begin.  We are so excited to meet the little guy!

Always & Forever,
  ME

3 comments:

JEGs said...

BABY COME OUUUUTTTT!!!!!!

Bridget said...

I just have to ask what the color is on your bathroom wall is?? I swear it looks just like ours!

LizzieBeth said...

Bridget, I believe it is Behr's Montego Bay Blue. It's the previous owner's paint job. Don't get used to it.. it won't be there for long ;)

LB