Friday, September 16, 2011

Wedding Crashing: Tropical Bliss

In August 2009,  my dear friend and former roomie's boyfriend took a secret flight down to  Myrtle Beach while she was on vacation, waited on the balcony of her hotel room, and when she walked out he was waiting there on one knee with a very sparkly diamond ring.


..way to show up every other dude in the world, Phil.  Right now they are all going "thanks a lot, buddy".  ;)

Two years later, they made good on that engagement and got married at The Merion , located in Cinnaminson, NJ.  

First, we need to talk about the color scheme she chose.  In the two years of wedding planning, I think she may have changed it 29349283492378 times.  She started off with watermelon pink and green and branched off from there.  She finally landed on a tropical theme of teal satin bridesmaids dresses and a bouquet of purple and fushia flowers-- a.k.a stunning.  

yes, I totally stole this picture off her Facebook page.

I died when I saw this color combo-- so summer and I loved the way the purples popped off the teal.  Those flowers were ah. may. zing.

Speaking of amazing, Jamie made a stunning bride in a traditional satin A-line dress with a sweetheart neckline  with gorgeous embellishments.  Her veil was epic-- long and sweeping and she accented her beautifully curled hair with a small tiara-like headband.


It was a simple and beautiful ceremony where the bride and groom wrote their own vows.  Phil talked about the first time he met Jamie and bought her a drink with money from a winning lotto ticket.  He continued by saying he never realized how much he won with that ticket.   Admit it-- that's smooth.




We need to talk about the food--specifically the cocktail hour.  I would have taken pictures, but I was too busy stuffing my face.  There was an entire room filled with different food stations-  mashed and baked potatoes, Philly cheese steaks and burger sliders, a pasta station, pizza, an Asian station, and not to mention the usual cheese, fruit and veggie station.  Word on the street there were some passed appetizers too, but I was too busy shoveling cheese steaks and fries down my gullet.  What?  It's what the baby wanted.  Swears.

Jamie did a crap-ton of DIY things for the wedding including her tropical and elegant centerpieces of floating candles and orchids in cylindrical vases


She also DIYed her own invites AND menus (aka, she has way more patience then I will ever have).  Are you kidding me with the perfectly placed jewels after each course?


I had a slight crush on her wedding cake.  The Precious Moments figurine and dots were so cute :)



See this chick below?  That my bestie Connie.  And that's an umbrella from the DJ.  This picture was taken moments after she produced this umbrella from under her dress.  Not the skirt part-- oh no.  The top part.


Apparently that was not the only thing Ms. Klepto Connie had taken that night.  Other things included a sombrero, keys from the maitre d and other DJ goodies.  Our friend Erin tried to return as many things as possible, citing that Connie was "making bad choices".


All and all it was a fantastic night, and I wish the lovebirds many years of marital bliss


Always & Forever,
  Amerbutt

1 comment:

Lola said...

I was at a wedding at the Merion a couple years ago. The food was a-maz-ing. We're still talking about it.