Packing for a trip is a multi-step process for me. First I assess all activities that we are definitely going to be partaking in- in this case it was a night out to the Trump Taj Mahal and dancing at a club. Then, I start thinking of all the things we may do- Are we going to go sight seeing, or maybe a trip to the beach? Maybe we will just lounge all day in the house. Finally, I pretend like I care what the weather is going to be like, but honestly I'll just pack as if it's going to be eighty degrees and sunny in March.
Next, I create the primary list of clothing:
- Ruffled party dress
- Black Stocking
- Peeped toe heels
- Tank top
- ballet flats
- College sweatshirt for lounging
- Necessary undies
After I lay out everything on the bed, I then return to the closet and start pulling anything that has general potential to me.
- Blue party dress, in case I feel like too fat for the ruffled dress
- Zebra-printed heels for blue dress
- White sassy top for when I feel too fat for the ruffled dress and I realize the blue dress looks like I'm trying too hard.
- Another pair of jeans (because obviously the first pair wouldn't match my new white top)
- One tighter-fitted zipped sweatshirt- Sure, we maybe lounging around, but I don't want to look like a slob
- A tank top and purple cotton t-shift for under the new sweatshirt
- One more pair of pjs
- Khakis (maybe I need to be a little more dressed up)
- black top to pair with khakis
- Wedges for this new black top/ khaki outfit
- Jean jacket that I can layer over the new zipped sweatshirt- there is always that slight possibility it won't be 80 degrees in NJ in March.
- Three different purses- a plain black purse for the original party dress, a purple clutch for the sassy white top as a pop of color and a zebra-printed clutch for the blue dress in case I want to stick with the original black shoes, but still want a fun print
- two more tank tops (why not?)
- Boyfriend blazer
- Co-ordinated jewelery for all outfits
I also have to include all toiletries for our trip, such as toothbrushes, shampoo, and body wash as well as:
- hair dryer
- smaller curling iron
- straightening iron
- larger curling iron
- round rush
- paddle brush
- hair spray
- daytime make up
- evening make up
..did I mention we were only going overnight? Or that I was sharing a bag with JEGs.
What did JEGs pack?
- 1 Button down shirt
- 2 pairs of jeans
- 1 Sweatshirt
- 1 pair of PJs
- 2 pairs of Underwear
- 1 pair of shoes
Men. They have it so easy.
Always & Forever,