Friday, March 19, 2010

Invites: Check.

Back in January I was debating between three different invitations, and the overwhelming response was to pick the Aqua LoveBirds

I loved the simplicity of the outlined birds, but I wasn't thrilled with the fact they were this bright aqua color, and I HATED the tri-fold card. I felt it looked like a birthday card. I was afraid people would be confused and I might end up headed down the aisle to "Happy Birthday" and not Cannon in D minor. Wouldn't that be a show?

After JEGs and I finalized the menu on Wednesday (yippee!) I knew the next step was to order invites. A little voice in my head said "Hey.. check out a couple more sites-- there might be something else out there".
Not being one to ignore my other personalities intuition, I started browsing around Wedding Paper Divas and found this:

It's called Lovely Trellis and I love it in the Apricot. It still has the elegance of the bird silhouette, but it feels a little more wedding-y. I also love the orangey tones- I feel like it will grab everyones attention a little more, AND I like that it's the same color scheme as my Save The Dates!



..and if you are looking for that extra cherry-on-top-feeling, if we order by Monday, we'll get an extra 15%-- making them cheaper then the Aqua Birds!

Wednesday was our 4 month mark... Things are really coming together now!

Always & Forever,
ME

5 comments:

Green Stone said...

I don't mind the blue one, but you're right, the orange one is much more clearly a wedding invite. Nice colour too.

Danielle and Clint said...

OOO! I love these! Great choice!

Cassie said...

love the new invites! they are so beautiful.

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

They are very beautiful, I hope you guys are enjoying every single step towards your weeding because, guess what? It goes really fast!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love the one-panel wedding invites. I think that's a great choice. I like the color, too. Very fresh.