Monday, August 16, 2010

Getting Ready

If you want to get caught up on my wedding posts, you can check out the rehearsal first.

Saturday morning I woke up and didn't know where I was. Then it hit me.

I was at my parents house.

and I was getting married today.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :p

Since my parents live in a caffeine-free world (I know-- insane right?), I headed out in search of a Dunkin Donuts. While I was out, I remembered that I never picked up sparklers for this AMAZING must have picture that I really really wanted. I called JEGs, wished my groom a happy wedding day, and promptly asked him where I could find sparklers (no point in beating around the bush, right? We are on limited time). I ran to two Targets and a Walmart in search of sparklers while JEGs searched a Party City and other stores. No luck. Until he made a call into his groomsman who just happened to have 10 boxes.

::cue me jumping and squealing:::

At 10 am I met up with my bridesmaids at the salon to get our hair done.

My cousins, Allie and Tara

The ladies hair

my fab hairdresser, Tara, and I

When we were finished getting beautified, we all dumped into my Jeep and drove up to the venue, where my make-up artist, Kim, was waiting. I immediately jumped in the seat and she did her magic.

For the rest of the afternoon the magic time was 4:50pm-- that's when the day of coordinator wanted us to line up for the ceremony. It felt like time was creeping by so slowly and I had an enormous amount of energy. I think I was driving everyone crazy with my constant motion.

When 2:30 rolled around, we decided it was time for me to get dressed. With the help of my bridesmaids, I slipped into my beautiful wedding dress

Three o'clock came and it was time to head over to the bridal suite. I knew JEGs was on the property, so I made my bridesmaids head in for a little "Groom Location" reconnaissance. As soon as I got the all-clear, we headed upstairs. it 4:50 yet?

The bridal suite had a huge window overlooking the parking lot so I could stalk my guests as they arrived. I was also able to get a couple glimpses of my handsome hubs-to-be as he and his groomsman took some pre-ceremony shots.

...still waiting for 4:50.

Soon afterwards my mother and father joined me, as did my flower girl, Abigail. She wanted to meet the ring bearer, so we had his parents bring him up so the two could meet. Connie had made them little baskets of toys and candy, so they promptly sat on the floor together and hunted through their new treasures.

Because of the heat that day, the venue decided to gather everyone in the cocktail area beforehand, and then escort them to the ceremony site at 4:45. From my perch in the bridal suite, I could see everyone make the move to the next location. I knew it was almost time.

We gathered our things and headed downstairs. My father handed me my bouquet, took my arm and said "Are you ready to do this?"

I nodded enthusiastically, and asked him what time it was.
4:50 pm.

Let's do this.


Danielle and Clint said...

doesn't it feel like a life time till that moment?

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia said...

I love this! You are keeping this like episodes from a favorite show.

Freckles Chick said...

OK, LB, if you look that gorgeous just NEXT to your beautiful dress, I'm not sure I can handle the hawtness that is to ensue in your next post where we see you actually wearing it. GORGEOUS.

(OH.MY.GAWD. I laughed so hard at your comment on my impulse buy post. You're good, girl. You're way good.)