Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Redemption

You guys remember my big old Pinterest fail for bathroom art?

                       


I couldn't take it anymore.  It looked sloppy, unfinished and just... bland.  And anyone who knows me, knows that I am not bland.  I need some shazam, even in the bathroom.

Ok.. that sounded kind of gross.  You know what I mean though.
Right?
Good.

One afternoon, during one of Hunter's epic naps, I found myself with nothing to do.  Idle hands are JEGs' headache the devil's tools, so I started hunting around the house for something to replace the Pinterest Fail of Twenty Twelve.

I ended up with two IKEA frames, a burlap swag bag leftover from Always Crafty, and some shells that, I kid you not, were floating around in my car.  And this is what I came up with:


So much better.  They are simple, but still have a little bit of color and fun texture- although that crease in the bottom picture is irritating the crap out of me.  Can you iron burlap?  I'm about to find out...



For what it's worth, the top picture (taken with my point-and-shoot) is probably the best representation of what the actual color of the walls are: a sand color with grey undertones.  I don't know why my fancy-dancy Nikon picks up these pink hues.  Meh.  Technology.

Always & Forever,
  ME

1 comment:

Shannon said...

So can you? Iron burlap? Ha. It looks a billion times better dude, good use of stuff you had!