Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Centerpieces

Sans Christmas, I don't really decorate for the holidays. I've only lived on my own once, and my roommate was practically a regular at Michael's and A.C. Moore, so I just sat back and let her take care of it all. Well, JD isn't going to decorate Falconhead for me, so I guess I'm on my own.

I had a bunch of gords leftover from my feeble attempt at Halloween decor so I decided to get as much longevity out of them as possible. For the centerpeice of our dining room table, I grabbed some cinnamon scented pinecones (on sale at Michael's for $2.99), a dishtowl that was a gift from JEGs' cousin, an old vase and a tea candle. Add in the wooden tray found at Ross for $6.99 and voila:


I carried the theme over to the buffet and used a pillar candle (again, on sale at Michael's for $1.99) in a hurricane vase I had with some acorns I found in my parents backyard. Two more tea lights add extra illumination (ooo, big word).


Finally, on our coffee table I have a glass bowl with an autumnal arrangement of silk flowers


I know it's not super amazing like Shannanigan's buffet, but hey, I'm a novice. Cut me some slack ;)
Always & Forever,
ME

4 comments:

Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker said...

Those are so pretty!!! Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving holiday.

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

I think it looks lovely!

Tara720 said...

it's very pretty, last year the only decorating I did for any holiday was putting a nutcracker on my mantle for Christmas, and that's the most I've ever done, ever. p.s not to be picky or an ass, but I think it's illumination. love you :)

Claire Mercado-Obias said...

These are beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration :)