Saturday, May 23, 2009

leftovers= masterpiece... part deux

Earlier in the week I created this amazing masterpiece....





it's ok. Go ahead, roll your eyes. It's a little dull.
That was my problem with it. I wanted a darker color on the canvases to add drama to it. My thought was to add a chocolate brown boarder or some chocolate brown squares. As much as I wanted to do that, I could justify buying a $4 can of paint to only use about 2% of it (I'm cheap, I know).
And then yesterday I had an epiphany. The background needs to be darker for the squares to really POP! Also, if I want this to act as "headboard" it needs to be a darker brown to match the furniture we have in the room. If the background was darker, that more paint I would need.. and BOOM, I've justified bying a sample can of paint.
I know, I know. I'm pretty amazing.
So today I meander to Lowes and, after a long discussion with the totally uninterested man who works at the paint counter, I picked Valspar's Mudslide as the background. The blue and green squares are the same as before, and then I added the Jekyll Club Cherokee Tan squares for a little depth:
Now, I love it. I think it's going to look so great.
Once all the furniture is in the a.p.t I'll post all pictures, I promise.
Always & Forever,
ME

No comments: