Thursday, May 21, 2009

Perhaps I should stick to "ivory"...

It has come to my attention that some people were not happy that I didn't blog about my self-tanning experiment. My apologies, I didn't realize people were actually reading this, hehe.

I am naturally pasty fair skinned. I have "good Irish skin" as I like to say. I've come to accept this fact, but every once in a while I get the pangs of jealousy when I see a person with naturally darker skin. I ache to not blind people while wearing shorts or skirts. I REFUSE to use tanning beds (my claustrobobia kicks in), so I turn to tanning from a bottle. I've used them all: Dove, Coppertone, Jergens, some no-name brand. You name it, I've tried it.

This time around I decided to use Neutrogena's MicroMist Tanning (shown above). My thought was with a mist, there is no way I could produce streaks like I always do with lotion tanners.



























I was wrong. Way wrong.

Below is what I woke up to the next morning:

First off I wore a tank top, and didn't think to remove the straps. In my defense I did this at 12:30 am after just getting off a 12 hour day at work. Cut me some slack. You can also see that I missed most of the top of my shoulder and my right arm is kind of streaky.

 





































My elbow on my right arm was really the pièce de résistance. I TOTALLY missed this huge chunk of skin, and no matter how much a I expoliate or spray on more tan, I still can't get that to go away. Looks like it's long sleeves for me for the next couple of days. I guess I'm going to have to be creative in this 85 degree weather!




































And finally, my right foot

is signifiacantly darker then my left foot.


...aaaand since I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm going to continue to apply this tanner. I WILL defeat the stripes.

Always and Forever,
ME

No comments: