Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Project Lucy

A couple weeks ago I finished up another peice of furniture for my favorite charity Deserving Decor. I call this one 'Project Lucy'.

When I got it, Lucy was just a boring, dingy IKEA peice








Ew. That fabric was nasty.



That was the yawn-worthy before. Here is the very sweet after:


I thought it would be great for a make shift mud room. I picked up this pretty fabric from IKEA for $7.99 a yard and it was the inspiration for the rest of the peice.


I spray painted the corners with a dark blue before I painted it white. When the paint was dried, I used a peice of sandpaper and lightly sanded the corners for that rustic/worn look.




I have to say this was probably my favorite project so far. I conjured up possible freak accidents to tell Beth so she would think it was completely not salvagable. But then the angel on one shoulder drop kicked the devil on the other and I gave it back.



Because, you know, I'm a good person. Or something.



Always & Forever,

ME

5 comments:

Shannon said...

It's so cute LB! Nice fabric choice and the blue paint underneath? Clevvvver...

Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker said...

That's an amazing transformation right there! I love it!!!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

It's too cute! ...and I love the cause :).

But call me Carrie. said...

I love it!! I am looking for something similar for our house...looks like it is time to do some creative searching! Thrift store here I come :)

Freckles Chick said...

That fabric is GORGEOUS. Ikea?! It looks worthy of Domino Mag (if it still existed). I love how you distressed it.

What a lovely cause! We all need to be more like you, LB!