Monday, July 6, 2009

A Buffet of Organization

As I told you all, I spent my 4th of July cleaning and organizing. This was my ToDo List that I made for myself on Friday:
Clean Closet
Organize Buffet
Laundry
Iron
Clean Out Car
Organize Pots and Pans
ReOrganize Kitchen Cabinets
Organize Laundry Nook.

By the end of Saturday, this is what my ToDo list looked like:
Clean Closet
Organize Buffett
Laundry
Iron
Clean Out Car
Organize Pots and Pans
ReOrganize Kitchen Cabinets
Organize Laundry Nook

As you can see I was a little over zealous with my list.
But since I did get the buffet done, I thought I would show off my work.
Here is the buffet and shelves:

Let's start from the bottom, shall we?
I picked up a three basket set from Ikea (14.99 for the set) and used two of them in the left side of the cabinet. On the middle shelf I stored a throw blanket for the couch.
The smaller basket on the top holds all our extra Thank You cards and Chrismas cards. It has become our own little postal office:

The middle sized basket of the set has become storage for all my extra candles, votives and picture frames that I don't have a space for right now, but don't want to get rid of:


The drawer in the middle of the buffet has become our own little Office Depot. Pens, pencils, tape, stapler, glue, etc is stored in here:

The right side cabinet is home to all my picture books, scrapbooks and yearbooks:


The top of the buffet has my faaaaavorite martini set and pictures of my beautiful neices Abigail and Bridget and my very handsome nephew, Owen (there you go T, I found a picture of your son ;) as well as a picture of my brothers and I:




The first shelf has kinda become "my shelf" (I guess because I'm shorter, hehe). From left to right we have pretty flowers, a picture of my dad in the military, my two cricket boxes with a plaque my mom bought my in front that read 'A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be your friend', Mommacita and Daddy-O on their wedding day (hellloooo beehive on Mom!), a picture from LBI that my dad bought for us, and a great little vase that I picked up from Michaels for $3.99.
The second shelf has is JEGs and has a poem he wrote for me years ago, a model of a 1987 TransAm (aka Vanessa), two pictures of his PopPop (can you say Gangster in that second picture??), a stack of books and a cute little plant for added texture ( both from Ikea- $1.50 for the plant and $.50 for the pot)

So there ya go... the anatomy of my buffet.
As soon as I finish cleaning the closet, I'll post about the other areas I organized.
Always & Forever,
ME

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I always love knowing what "stuff" people actually use in their cute little groupings...ya always see them from far away but I like to see the breakdown, it looks cute!

Owen said...

omg my name is Owen! how uncommon and awesome! best name ever