Friday, January 1, 2010

...Just One More Thing

I am adding something to my 2010 ToDo List:

1. Get married
2. Be on time
3. 115= good stuff
4. Save that paper.
5. Figure out what makes me happy.

I say that last one with a slight edit: I am generally happy. I have reached a point in my life where I am happy with who I am as a person, I am learning what I look for in friendship, I am about to marry my best friend, I have a wonderful family, and I have a good job.

That last thing is what I would love to consentrate on. I do like my job- let me assure you that. But although it [kinda] pays the bills, garners 'oohs' and 'aahs' at cocktail parties, and the hours are pretty good, it's just a job to me- not a career. It doesn't fulfill me.

I want more, and I KNOW there is more out there for me.

These are the things I know about me:
I like to be the center of attention
I like to create
I like talking to people
I love getting dressed up
I really love spending the entire day in my jammies
I hate- nay, LOATHE- rush-hour traffic
...and sitting behind a desk is not an option.

I am still looking for that one thing that I am really good at; that one thing that is my passion. I feel like this is the year I should start exploring that side of my personality.

This is the year, I figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

Always & Forever,
ME

2 comments:

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

uhm, interesting post. I have committed myself to be happy this year. By Happy I mean stop doing things that don’t make me happy. Enjoy each moment.
I love how you say "I love getting dressed up" and then right after "I really love spending the entire day in my jammies" LOL Have you though about maybe a designer or decorator? I worked as a Design consultant and the hours are flexible (but will have to work weekends and some nights) you can be creative and don’t have to be behind a desk. Good luck with your new Endeavour.

Bria & Spencer said...

arg i feel ya! could have stolen this post out of my journal (if i had one) except for the part about center of attention.
how to be happy. where is the guidebook?