Friday, January 15, 2010

A Heartfelt Farewell

Last Sunday I was having issues with my heart.

It began to beat a little harder, and not in it's normal sync. Afterwards I would get a rush of adrenaline throughout my body. I started referring to it as a "flutter" of my heart.

Although I was in close proximity to JEGs all day- who still makes my heart flutter- I felt that it was more then that. A quick trip to WebMD and I learned these are in fact called "palpitations".

Palpitations are exactly what I felt- an irregular heartbeat. As I looked into it more I learned one of those causes of said heart palpitations: caffiene.

Say it ain't so, say it ain't so!!!

I was never a huge coffee drinker, or even a caffiene drinker for that matter! I don't really like soda, and growing up, the only soda we had in the house was caffiene free. However, since I started working the crazy hours of this job, I had come to really enjoy my morning cup of coffee. Factor in the fact that JEGs and I just bought a brand spankin' new coffee pot, and I have become a daily coffee drinker.

source

I guess the switch from being caffiene free to practically injecting into my veins a daily drinker was a little much for the ole ticker.

Now don't get me wrong, I went to my family doctor and had an EKG done, and everything checked out OK. I'm even going to a cardiologist next week to double check. I mean, this is my heart we are talking about. I kinda need it.

So it seems for now I will be saving my daily cup of joe as the ole hangover remedy.

Farewell old friend. I'll miss you.

Always & Forever,

ME

5 comments:

Danielle and Clint said...

I seriously thought you were leaving the blog world! Don't scare me like that :-) I am glad everything is ok and that you got it checked out. The heart is nothing to play with. Keep us posted!

Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker said...

Awww! I thought the same -- so I'm glad you aren't stopping blogging. However, on the coffee. It's funny you post this . . . because I am drinking my FIRST CUP of coffee in over a month right now. Wow I feel like crap . . . headache-y, jittery, etc. It'll be hard, but what I usually drink is herbal tea. Maybe that'll help? Celestial Seasonings has the best Zingers that'll wake you up.

Good luck! And hope you feel better.

Jodie said...

I, too, thought you were leaving our little blog world. So glad to hear you aren't, not so glad to hear you're having these heart issues. Hopefully saying "peace out" to the coffee will get the job done, but if not, I'll be praying for you. Keep us posted, lady!

Green Stone said...

Oh no! I hope you're okay! I think I should cut back my caffeine intake too; I graduated from XL coffees to caffeine pills in third year of undergrad. I should be better on my ticker too.

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

Brave girl! I've been drinking coffee since I was 10 and I already told the Dr. I'm not stopping.