Thursday, January 21, 2010

Winter Essentials

Here it is my friends. The dead of winter.

Even thought the Philadelphia area is having a mild streak with temps flirting with 50 degrees- I know that Old Man Winter will be come 'round soon.

Therefore I am stocked with the 7 things that get me through this season:


1. Scarves- Not just for indoors life I've been experimenting with, but scarves to bundle up and keep my neck warm! Animal printed, striped, solid, plaid- you name, imma lovin' it.

2.Warm boots- Ok, I have a confession to make: I hate Uggs. They are so hideously ugly I don't understand how they are "fashionable". But they are damn warm and my feet are unnaturally cold all the time, so a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. I have a pair that I snagged from Wal*mart last January for $12 and those bad boys are still holding up. They keep my feet warm when it's 20 degrees, and I don't give a crap if I spill jet fuel on them.

3.Body lotion- and no, I'm not talking your pretty-fruity-Bath-and-Body-Works-giftbasket variety. I'm talking, lather this on my dry, cracked skin and do some magic! My skin get UBER dry this time of the year, especially on my hips love handles (who are we kidding) and right under my arms where the band of my bra lays. Sometimes it gets so bad, it is actually chapped. I've recently discovered Oil of Olay's Quench Moisturizing lotion and I luuurve it. I rub it on when I get out of the shower, and it soothes my skin for the whole day. The smell is boarder-line geriatric, but I can deal.

4.Gloves- I have a slight obsession with all things zebra-printed, and my gloves are no exception. These gloves were given to me for Christmas last year, and I believe they were purchased at Target. They are so warm and cozy, but also have a grip on the palm as well as the pointer and middle fingers so I can still open doors and grab things.

5. Tylenol Cold & Flu- with the winter chill comes the winter flu season. For some reason JEGs has been getting more sick this year then usual, so we have practically buying this stuff in bulk. I love the multi-formula pack of daytime and nighttime.

6.Burts Bees Chapstick- don't you hate it when you are sick and you can't breath through your nose and you get that nasty sick mouth feeling and your lips are all chapped? Yeah. Me too. Enter stage left- Burt's Bees!! Seriously, three swipes of this stick of awesomeness and 20 minutes later my lips are back to being kissable. I also use the pomegranate to leave a nice hint of color on my lips too. Oh yeah, and there is some antioxidents and some junk.

7.Boyfriend Blazer- I am offically addicted to this trend. Make a Facebook page, sign me up, I'm a fan. I can throw it on over a t-shirt for a casual look, pair with a sweater and tank for a layered-work look, or jazz it up with a sparkly scarf and heels for a night out. And if I ever need to be present for a litigation, I can toss on my black pants and have a power suit. Who rocks the house? I rock the house. All the way down.

...and the 8 most essential thing for winter?
a super sexy fiance to cuddle up with on a cold night.

Always & Forever,
ME

4 comments:

Jodie said...

I have to admit, I too, love Uggs. I know they are not the most fashionable, but they really do keep my little tootsies warm and cozy all winter long (sometimes even spring and fall..hey, it's chilly up here!).

Your Daily Barista said...

What litigations are you going to? LOL.

LizzieBeth said...

Madam C, you never know when you are going to need to spontaneously litigate. ;)

bethany said...

Preach it on number 6, sister. Preach it! I love me some pom Burts Bees...it's definintely the 8th world wonder. At least in my world. :)