Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Silk v. Paper

Alright friends and followers, I need your help.

You obviously have impeccable taste ( I mean, hello, you are reading my blog) so I need some opinions.

For the ceremony I would really love flower pomanders lining the aisle and I was dead set on white hydrangea's, similar to the picture below..


Until I saw this picture-

That is made out of cardstock and yarn. HOLY GOD do I kind of love that idea. It's different, and has the potential to be a little more cost effective.

However, the original idea of silk flowers might be a little more time effective.

Hmmm. And I thought finding a fiance was going to be hard.

I'm leaving it to you friends and followers- silk or paper? I want plenty of opinions. I've got 38 followers, so I know you are out there- time to come out of the wood work!!

Always & Forever,
ME
PS.. when I asked for JEGs' opinion, this was the answer I got- " i dont know..haha if you ask me which is better...WIX oil filters or ACDelco I'll have an opinion. fake flowers tho? im clueless " Boys.


images found here and here

10 comments:

Danielle and Clint said...

I LOVE the cardstock and yarn ones, but wonder if it will become a headache for you. There are lots of different things going on with it. I think for the sake of time, I would go with the fake flowers. Also, remember, so many people will hardly notice this detail. They will only remember you in your lovely dress...

Your Daily Barista said...

Can you send me the link on how to make the flowers out of paper? once i see the level of difficulty, then i will be able to give you a better opinion.

Also i can get free paper samples from paper companies. if you decided to go that route i may be able to get you some stock samples. usually they come in 8.5x11 or 11x17. Depending on how much you need of course.

Lucky Girl said...

I like the cardstock option!

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

I love, love, love the paper however I agree with the previous comments, so let's be honest...who is making these?

If it's just you, then go with what would be easier for you to make. You don't want to pull all your hair before the wedding now, do you?

IF (big if) you have the time, the help and cost is a concern, then the paper. Mainly choose wich ever is going to be easier on you...both options would look amazing.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

I think that the ceremony decor is all about the big impact so it might not be worth it to put so much energy into the diy paper version (although, it is pretty awesome). I think your energy might be better spent on reception decor because people spend much more time there.

But call me Carrie. said...

Cardstock is awesome!!! I'm sure it will be a pain in the butt...but how ACCOMPLISHED will you feel when they are done?! I would probably make one to test out the process, then assess the situation from there. I'm sure whatever you end up doing will be awesome :)

Erica said...

I, too, love the cardstock idea but completely agree with Danielle... nobody is going to notice the difference. The main effect will be beautiful enough. They're aisle runners, just being there and looking pretty is elegant. I'm remembering my great paper pom-pom idea for Easter last year. Ended up being such a headache that I just scrapped the whole idea.

Shannon said...

Not that I'll be at your wedding (at least other than crashing it) but I (me me me me) notice these things. I would notice what they were made out of. And I would think the flowers look just as awesome as the cardstock, and a hell of a lot easier to assemble.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I think you should go with the flowers. I like the paper, but there is so much to do with any wedding, I could see these becoming the demise of your sanity. The demise for me at our wedding was the damn seating chart. You know, if you care. ;)

bethany said...

Okay, okay, okay...you can totally boo me out of the blogsphere here, because I might just be missing the mark, but...

http://livingtheswelllife.blogspot.com/2010/03/diy-pew-decorations-chic-and-cheap.html

Seriously just as gorgeous and sweet. And talk about a miniscule expense...

Otherwise my vote is for cardstock. Truly unique, and can be reused by another bride in the future!