Thursday, June 17, 2010

Limited Bridal

Calling all brides! The long awaited bridal collection from The Limited has finally arrived!!

..and I'm completely underwhelmed by it.

First, I have to say, I love The Limited. I think their clothes are so chic and classic-- which I why I was stoked when I heard they were releasing a bridal collection (and bummed it was a month before my own nuptials).

However, the dresses they have been teasing us for the past six months are the only gowns in their collection:

(is it just me, or does it look like this model belongs in the Cullen family?)

Don't get me wrong, I think they are beautiful, I was just expecting... more.
Regardless, I love that second gown. The ruffled chiffon, the gathered bodice- so romantic. I just die.

The bridesmaids collection is a little lack luster as well.
At first glance, it appears they have a nice little starter collection of cocktail length bridesmaids dresses.. until you look closer

Four out of the six are duplicates! The first and third dress are the same, as well as the second and sixth dress. Sneaky, sneaky Limited, trying to pull the wool chiffon over our eyes.

The accessories, on the other hand, are like heaven.


I need this bracelet. I am going to be dreaming about it until it is mine. I MUST have it. Seriously though, Mommacita and I have been discussing the idea of wearing a bracelet with my gown, and now I know exactly what I want. It's perfect. I love the pearls mixed with rhinestones and shells. I kinda like the earring too, even though I feel like they are staring back at me. Creepy.


This purse it really beautiful as well. I feel like this could live on past wedding day. Bonus: it comes in a light grey too.


My favorite piece of the whole collection is this wrap

I want to push back the wedding to a cooler month like March or April, just so I can wear this. I love the structure of the collar against the flow of the satin. This might end up in my closet just for the hell of it.

Overall, I think it's a good starting point for The Limited. It certainly has peaked my interested to see what else they will come out with, however, I don't think JCrew has to worry just yet.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Is it sad that I spend so little time in the mall that I couldn't even pick out a Limited? But I totally agree bout the bracelet, buy that thing now! And happy one month to go! ONE MONTH!!!

Danielle and Clint said...

I think it's great that these stores, like the Limited and Ann Taylor and coming out with more casual bridesmaid dresses. It just makes more sense this way.

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

I'm not a fan of those dresses. I think they look like they're poorly put together and just overly... something... frilly? I dunno.

But I completely agree about the accessories! Fantastic!

Kelly

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

I concur. Not impressed...the cocktails look like something I've seen before. Now the jewlery and the purse...meow