Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Have a Seat

In my birthday post, I teased a little about finding a great yard sale find, and I know you've been loosing sleep over it, haven't you.

I know, I'm such a little minx, aren't I?

Without further ado, I present to you, Project Melissa.



It was love at first sight. As JEGs and I drove past this yard sale, I saw the chair sitting amongst other lawn chairs for sale. JEGs didn't have time to shut the car off before I was bounding over to the lawn. When I got over there, I did a double take when I saw the price.

$10.

SOLD!

I didn't even try to haggle the price down, beacuse I knew this was priced to sell. Plus, I ran over so fast, I think the owners knew how excited I was.

So let's talk design, friends. That banana yellow is NOT working for me. I still have some leftover fabric from Project Lucy that I was thinking about using, and painting the wood a soft white..

I also love Freckles Chick's "Color Phobic" chair-

I will always love black and white paired together. And that fabric is to. die. for.
The ever fashionable Tam Styles loved the fabric too, and did a tone-on-tone look with a similar chair


I also saw this look over at YoungHouseLove, and I started thinking about using bolder prints.
...or maybe I'll go really bold in color. Hm.


One issue the chair has, is that the rattan is busted up, so I have to figure out if I want to take the time to get that fixed, or just remove it all together and create a cloth back.



Don't get too excited to see this transformation too soon-- I am not touching another project until after the wedding!
Until then, Melissa is gonna chillax in the corner with the buffett


Always & Forever,
ME

4 comments:

Shannon said...

she's a beaut...or at least she's got the potential to be one. i want her to be glossy black with fun print. That's my vote.

Oh annnnnnd did you see, that lil white bedside table you found in the trash? She made it into my guest room makeover. I never gave it to my brother, I kept it for myself. AND she's gonna be famous too! DOn't tell anyone (ha!) but I sent my pics to YHL and they're gonna publish my guest room makeover. Am I dork for being this excited?

bethany said...

Amazing find! I want to talk dirty to this chair...it's got sexy lines. I would love to see this baby with a bold print, but no matter what you do, it would be hard to go wrong with a shape like that! Can't wait to see what you do with it! :)

And...whoa! Go Shannon! :)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Love that chair, you found a good one. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Any of those options will be great.

Danielle and Clint said...

Great find!!! I once found an old rocker with a seat like that and took it to a refinishing place and got the seat fix for around $40. I know it's not super cheap, but you could get some quotes. I say go for a bold pattern also!