Monday, August 31, 2009

Fabulous August

Holy Guacamole, was August a FABULOUS month! So much great stuff happened in this eighth month, it was hard fitting it all into one post!

1. First time home buyers
Our good friends Max and Whitney bought their first house this month! They nabbed a GREAT twin in right outside downtown West Chester that was built circa 1890. We are talking original hardwood floors, crown molding and the greatest windows ever- complete with shutters. They have 4 bedrooms, 2 baths and a walk in closet that I want to have sex with. Yeah, it's that amazing. We spent the weekend helping them paint, but don't worry- as soon as they have furniture I am house crashing!!

Max and Whitney
2. LOST
I have been a LOST fan since the show began in 2004. JEGs, on the other hand, scoffed at the show. However, he has recently gotten addicted to it. It has been so fun re-watching the older seasons with him and discussing the events of the show. Yesterday he sent me a text that said "I'd fight the smoke monster for you. Just fyi." If that ain't love then I don't know what love is...

3.Outer Banks, N.C.
As I mentioned in another post I had a ridiculously good time in OBX. It was the best vacation I have ever had and I cannot wait to go again next year



4. Cheer Camp
I haven't really talked about it much on here, but I am an assitant Varsity coach for a local high school team. I coached college for four years, took a year or so off and then coached the JV team for the same high school. This year they decided instead of having a small JV and a small Varsity to do one big Varsity and kept me on. I was super stoked.
I was even more stoked when I found out we were switching from NCA to UCA and going to the same cheer camp I went to when I was in high school- Pine Forest! Our girls did so great at camp and I was so super proud of them! One of our seniors won the jump contest, 8 of our girls qualified for All-American, we won first place for our pom routine, 2nd place for our cheer routine and 3rd for the dance routine they dubbed "Extreme Routine". Even though the song for the dance routine is STILL looping through my head , I had such a blast!
..and that's how you get it done.
5. Rocks.
.. and no I'm not talking about pebbles. I'm talking bling, baby, BLING! Not only did I get engaged this month, but so did my good friend JD! She was headed down to Myrtle Beach with her family when her boyfriend, Phil, flew down seperately and surprised her with a diamond ring! How romantic!


And there you have it-another one in the books. August, you were jam-packed with exciting news, new beginnings and fun memories. But pack up your bags and head out because Sepetemer is on it's way- along with my favorite season: autumn.
Always & Forever,
ME

1 comment:

Erin Schularick said...

What a great month!! With all the wonderfull things you have to look forward too, they only get better from here. Miss you biatch!