Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bone of Contention...

There are three areas of my a.p.t that I am hating right now. One of them I have an idea for, but the other two, I'm at a total loss.

I know what you are thinking, "Really Lizzie? You haven't been there for a week yet! Simma down now!". I know, I know, but I need to have a vision, at least, and these first two area are like a designing block!

The first area is in the boudoir. Now as you may remember I created an amazing masterpiece but that is for the above the bed. The area I'm having beef with is on the opposite wall where the tv and my dresser are:

(please pardon the mess, we are still unpacking)
We have relatively tall ceilings (about 9 or 10 ft) so there is a ton of empty wall above the TV. Since the tv and dresser are two different heights, so I do something straight across, or just above the tv? I'm soooo lost.
The other area is in the Great Room and has the same general problem:

Again, a whole lot of wall space above the boob tube. I think in this case I'm going to do three pictures right across the wall, but I've got to figure out what I want there. Maybe I'll even let JEGs pick it out ;)

Finally, the wall in the Great Room that is opposite the tv:

(..again, still unpacking. Don't mind the mess)
I'm soooo over this baker's rack. It was cute when I was in college and needed something to put my 19 inch tv on. But I'm a big girl now, and ready for big girl furniture. Plus, this wall is the longest wall we have in the a.p.t. This wall is over 21 ft long and all it has on it is this itsy bitsy baker's rack and my hand-me-down dining room table. Someone throw them a life raft, they are swimming in a sea of Jekyll Club Cherokee Tan!!

Well, I have a vision.
I want something that has a little more "presence" to it (read: bigger piece of furniture), and I wouldn't mind something that we can use for storage. I found exactly what I want on Crate and Barrel's website. It's the Cabria Buffet and it is perfect:
Long enough to carry the wall, and has plenty of storage below to tuck things away (like JEGs 8,000 game controllers ;). I love the fact the middle is a wine rack, so guest can bring some red wine when they came to visit (hint hint).

I'm thinking a mirror above it will really pull it together. The mirror is from Target because, let's face it, after I spend $699 on the buffet, I ain't gots the dough to buy a mirror!

So I'm going to start saving my pennies for this buffet, but in the meanwhile I think JEGs and I are going to start scanning yardsales and second hand stores for something that will generally work.

Stay tuned for updates!!

Always and Forever,
ME

No comments: