Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Chains of love...

Every year for my birthday I purchase myself a gift. Never anything too extravagant, but just something that says, "Congrats. You made it another year and no one else is going to buy this for you."
This year, I want a new keychain.

I'm sorry, did you just hear me right?
Yes, I want a keychain.

These are my keys as of right now:

They are a sad looking set. The 'A' is something I bought from some random clothing store because my roommate and I at the time had the same looking key (Hyundais). I kept grabbing her keys by accident so finally I went out and bought this obnoxious red A. It's ripped on the front and the seam has come apart on the side. A no longer stands for what it was originally intended... A is for Abused.

The Coach keychain is actually a knock-off that I bought at a local flea market called Rice's. At one point it had three other charms: one that said "Coach" on it, an Eiffel Tower and an Arc de Triomphe. Now it has a phallic looking plane and a bag. That's it.

Now I'm on a mission to find the perfect keychain. Perhaps I should put up a profile on Match.com:

Hi, I'm Lizzie and I'm looking for a new keychain.
Me: fresh out of a realtionship with two other keychains that just couldn't handle me. I love Paris, tigerlillies and anything sparkley.

You: you are strong, nothing too cheap. Loves to travel, but won't mind "hanging" around either. You are bright and fun and are easily found when I throw you in my purse. Anything with winged insects need not apply (this means you butterflies).

Do you hold the keys to my heart car??

Always and Forever,
ME

No comments: