Thursday, June 4, 2009

My late-night affair...

I don't claim to be a die-hard sports fan. Honestly, the commitment of watching the games is a little much for me.

I like football because you know that on Sunday there will be a game- with the occasional Monday thrown in for shits and giggles. I follow the Eagles, and that's it.

Basketball, hockey and baseball is a whole nother story. Those games are peppered throughout the week, and I've got too much going on to worry about catching the games. Since we are being totally honest, I don't even care if the Sixers or Flyers win any games (sorry JEGs).

However, living with someone changes you. I know it's only been a week, but the Phillies have already become a staple in my nightly routine.

I liked baseball before. No, really, I did. If JEGs was watching a game, I'd pay attention. I'd ask and genuinely cared if they won.

Since I'm on the night shift this week, I don't get home till midnight-ish. And every single night JEGs has been passed out when I get home with the Phils game on the bedroom (that's right, a bedroom- there is no baseball in the boudoir).

As we were saying our goodnights on AIM tonight, he says he is going to get in bed and watch the Phils until he falls asleep. A little voice inside my head went "YESSSSS, they are playing tonight!"

I know, are you as shocked as me??

Before you know it I'll be wearing sneakers and peeing with the door opened.

Or not. Hopefully.

Always and Forever,
ME

No comments: